Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use these FAQs?
Just click on one of the questions and an answer will open up.
How do I order a Pass from the website?
- from the Home page, select BUY MULTI-FILM PASS ,
- or from the menu, click Passes > Buy a Multi-Film Pass
- Choose specific pass you want e.g., Full Season – Sunday Matinee. This pass is valid for all of the 11 different films scheduled for the entire season on Sundays at 2:00 pm. (Usually the Fall Series has 5 films and the Winter Series has 6 films.
- Enter Quantity (use + or – to adjust quantity), e.g. If you are buying passes for you and your partner, increase amount to 2.
- Enter an email address and click CONTINUE
- Enter Name associated with email address
- Create a password
- Click REGISTER
- Enter credit card info including expiration, CVC (back of card) and Postal Code associated with card
- Click SUBMIT PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Click BUY
- Click “edit details” beside each of your passes. Provide name/address/phone# for each e.g. if you have two passes: first is your name/address/phone# and second pass has your partner’s name/address/phone#
- Click SUBMIT
- You’re DONE
- Check your email for order confirmation and more details about your pass purchase.
I clicked on the Buy button for the type of pass I want, but then nothing happens
This may be an issue with your browser and pop-up blockers on your computer. Try the same thing with a different browser than the one you are currently using, like Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. If you can see the next screen “Checkout” in another browser, use that browser to finish your purchase. You should also look at what may be causing your issue on your original browser. You should allow pop-ups for Eventive and cineSarnia. Do you have an external pop-up blocker running?
Do I need to print out a pass?
No. A paper pass with a QR barcode will be provided to you at the first screening you attend of the season.
What method of payment can I use?
Eventive will only accept VISA or Mastercard. No debit, cheques or cash. If this is an issue for you, please email us at email@example.com.
When entering a credit card number on my phone, the fields overlap.
Turn your phone to the side so that it shows the screen wider (landscape).
There should now be room to enter the credit card number, expiry date, and CVC number.
If I purchased more than one pass, how will I get both?
A paper pass will be provided for each pass purchased using an account e.g., if you bought a pass for you and your partner, you will get two paper passes each with its own unique QR barcode. They will be available the first screening you attend in the season. They will be ready for you either under the first or last name of the account holder or the first or last names you entered when you were prompted for more information i.e., “edit details” for each pass.
Where do I get my pass for the season?
A paper pass with a QR barcode will be provided to you at the first screening you attend of the season.
How do I access my pass’ digital QR barcode on my mobile device?
On your mobile device:
- Go to cinesarnia.com
- Click on “Already Bought Your Pass or Ticket?” button.
- Log into your Eventive account (email and password you used when purchasing).
- Click MENU in top left corner
- Select MY PASSES on the left-hand panel.
- Click on QR barcode beside the pass you want to use.
If I don’t want to use the provided paper pass, can I use the digital QR barcode on my mobile device?
Yes. Either will be accepted at the door. NOTE: the barcode associated with your pass can only be used once per film i.e., if you use your paper pass for a film, the digital barcode from your device will not work.
Can I use my pass for another night or time?
No. You have to stick the day of week/time slot you purchased. If you buy a SUNDAY MATINÉE pass, for instance, it is not valid to use at a MONDAY EVENING screening.
Am I guaranteed a seat with my pass?
We only hold your seat up to 15 minutes prior to the listed starting time. This is so we can admit RUSH patrons. So it may be possible that we have filled all the seats available before the starting time.
Can I buy a pass or ticket in advance without creating an Eventive account?
No. You will be asked to create an account with an email address and a name associated with that email. The process is very simple.
Can I get RUSH seats on the day of the showing?
Yes we are still offering RUSH seats if we still have seats available before the show starts. You can line up in the RUSH line after our doors open that day. We will determine the number of seats available, 15 minutes before the show starts. Seats are $12 cash. You won’t need an Eventive account for this.
If I can’t attend a specific film for some reason, can I give my pass or individual ticket to someone else to use?
Yes. You could do this by doing one of the following options:
- Physically give them the paper pass or ticket. Don’t forget to get it back if there are more films in the season!
- Take a photo of the QR barcode and send it to them electronically via text or email. They can either show it at the door from their mobile device or print it out and bring it on paper.
Can I get some HELP?
Yes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I don’t want to buy a pass for the season, can I buy individual tickets?
Yes. From the website, click on BUY INDIVIDUAL TICKETS. Select the film(s) you wish to see and the date/time slot, and then order tickets. Then follow the prompts. You will still be asked to set up an Eventive account. The site accepts VISA and MasterCard.
What is the advantage of buying a PASS?
- Costs less per film overall.
- On sale prior to individual tickets going on sale.
- One card for all films, that you keep.
If I have a pass for a specific film, can I buy ADDITIONAL tickets?
Yes, you may wish to buy one for a friend. Individual tickets are available to passholders and non-passholders. Click on “Schedule”.
Find the film you want to buy individual tickets to and click ORDER TICKETS and follow the prompts.
What is the advantage of buying INDIVIDUAL TICKETS instead of a pass?
Although it costs more overall, you don’t have to commit to all the films in the season. You can also mix and match times you see the films e.g., one film at a Sunday matinee and another on Monday evening, whereas the pass you have to stick to the pass’ time slot for all the films in a season e.g., Monday Evening for all films in the season.
What time do matinée screenings begin?
What time do evening screenings begin?
How soon do doors open prior to the beginning of the film’s screening?
Doors open 45 minutes prior to the screening’s scheduled start time.
Is there Wi-Fi available at the Sarnia Public Library?
Yes. You could use it for free to access your Eventive account, if necessary.
Is the venue Sarnia Public Library accessible?
Yes. There is an elevator that takes one to the second floor where the theatre is located. There are also new accessible washrooms on this level.
What is the process of getting to my seats when I arrive at the library?
- Passholder Pickup: If this is your first screening of the season, you pick up your paper pass which has a barcode. This pass can only be used for the time slot you chose this season.
- Scanning of PASS or INDIVIDUAL TICKET: Proceed to the theatre’s main door for scanning of bar code. You may use either your paper pass which has the barcode or the digital barcode from your mobile device (Go to cinesarnia.com and click “Already Bought Pass or Tickets? Access them Here” and log into your Eventive account with email and password used for purchasing).
- Library Theatre: Find a seat for yourself.
- Enjoy the Film!
Where's the popcorn and sodas?
The Library prohibits any food or drinks to be consumed in the theatre.